The new MacOS Sierra (version 10.12) has features that may be incompatible with EagleMercury ShareSync in certain instances.
Please take note if either of the following scenarios apply to any of your Mac users:
- My ShareSync has been moved from its default location to another location (i.e. Documents or Desktop)
- ShareSync is configured to backup and sync Desktop or My Documents
In order to avoid data loss and syncing conflicts with ShareSync, we recommend that you modify the storage optimization settings of Mac Sierra as follows:
- Disable syncing of Documents & Desktop Folders to iCloud
- Disable Optimize Mac Storage to prevent automatically moving infrequently-used files from local disk to iCloud
From your Mac, go to Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud
- Next to iCloud Drive, click Options.
- Deselect Desktop & Documents Folders.
- Deselect Optimize Mac Storage.
- Click Done.